Monday, August 4, 2008

I've got a date

I listened to my telephone messages on Friday afternoon just as I was leaving the city for the weekend. I hadn't realized that I'd missed a call from an unknown number.

It was the girl from Dr. Marks' office calling to offer me a surgery date: September 9th.

The weekend before will be quite something, for my brother is getting hitched. The rehearsal dinner is September 4th. The bachelorette party is September 5th. The pre-wedding party is September 6th. The big day is September 7th. The out of towner brunch in September 8th. And I'll go in for a reconstructed ACL on September 9th.

Nothing like something to look forward to during all the festivities.

I'll call and accept the date when the office is open on Monday.

Now, what to do in the five weeks and two days before? I hear I should strengthen them legs.

No comments: