Thursday, August 14, 2008

workin' it and appointments

So far so good with the "Serious Legs" plan. I've done Bodypump twice this week, walked my dog, biked up a big hill, and swam a bunch of laps.

Bodypump has two sections devoted to lots of squats and lunges, as well as dead lifts which are apparently good for the hamstrings. I did a quick search today and found a few more hamstring exercises that I'll incorporate into the mix. I also have to do some more balance work and stretching, I think. I wonder if I'll get fat after surgery when I can't do cardio.

I got a call from the surgeon's office today and now have a pre-op appointment booked for Tuesday at 10:30 so that's kind of exciting. Then the following Tuesday I have an appointment with the physiotherapist at Sunnybrook where they will set me up with crutches, a brace, and information about what to do immediately following surgery.

Everything's falling into place.

I don't feel nervous about it anymore. Not like I did when I got the first surgery date offer at least. I've come to grips with the reality of things and will certainly be a scared sissy when the time is right. :)

No comments: