Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I hate to be late!

Back in action today after a mostly exercise-free weekend in NYC visiting my friend on her birthday. We did attend a workout class her local gym. It was pretty nice compared to my small gym here in Toronto. And the class which made use of the bosu half ball thingy, really did work me out. Other than that we just walked around the city a lot. And ate a lot.

Today, though, I had plans to meet some friends for sushi in the early evening. For some reason I thought taking the Spadina streetcar up to Bloor would make sense, but at 5:30pm, there's not a seat nor standing room to be had. Two cars passed me by before I decided to walk, and it was already 5:27.

I hate to be late!

So, I jogged there. Wearing my big ol' winter parka, my ultimate (frisbee) gear for a game later in the evening, and a floppy backpack, I jogged up Spadina from Dundas, all the way to Bloor, stopping once in a while to walk.

I haven't been running since December 13th. Oh, just about one month ago. I think I'm ready to get back to it. My foot felt fine today.

I also played ultimate and got a good workout though I had a horrible game! I hate when girls are faster than me. I suppose I could try working on some sprints or something to improve that. Suppose, suppose.

It is now 10:00pm and I'm thinking I will go to sleep now and wake up early to get to the gym. Time to bust a move, yeah?

No comments: