Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Another day...

Post op day 6

Today went by in the blink of an eye!

I tried to do some work and managed about a half an hour before falling asleep. I read a little bit. I iced. I elevated.

I only did my exercises once just now, so twice today if you count the time at physio. Off to a great start, eh?

Some friends came by tonight and fed me and kept me company and all was well.

As for the knee, I'm making good progress on getting off the percocets. I only had a half a tablet this morning before physio and I'm trying to hold off on taking any more. I think I can handle it. The extra strength Tylenol's are working alright.

The exercises are still difficult for me. I'm still not at 90 degrees flexion I don't think. I don't know what normal progress is and I think I'm fine, but I'd like to get to a 90 degree bend by, let's say, Wednesday.

And finally, my bruise is so gruesome. It's like an exciting game to check it out each morning. How far will it have crept up my leg this time!?!?

4 comments:

Michele said...

It will get better! I am 16 months post ACL reconstruction. Is the bruise from the surgery? Best wishes on your ACL recovery.

Jessica said...

sixteen months! How do you feel now?

Yes, the bruise is from the surgery. :)

Wei said...

Boy, that is a brutal bruise! I'm lucky the one that I got was contained within my hamstring area. Do you think it might be aggravated by your physio?

Michele said...

My knee feels good. I have been back at karate for a while and I go to the gym regularly. I realized that keeping my knee strong is the best medicine to prevent re-injury.

I had a hamstring graft and my bruising was behind the knee. The nurses told me that they could tell if I was elevating my leg or not depending on where the bruise was located.

Good luck!