Sunday, September 14, 2008

crazy going slowly am I... just kidding.. today was good!

Post op day 4

I missed my telephone alarm in the middle of the night to take my pills! So I woke up at 7 instead of 4 or 5 or whatever it was supposed to be, hours late and wasn't sure what to do. I can't even remember what I did, actually. I think I took two percocets. Then at 1pm I took one percocet and one extra strength tylenol. Then five hours later I took half a percocet and two e.s. tylenols. Then at 11pm I took 2 e.s. tylenols and no percocets. I'll probably take a percocet before I go to sleep, but my pain is still under control and my sense of overall good-feelingness is much improved.

So today was characterized much by a visit from Mike in Thornhill where we sat around talking about Canadian Idol and our life plans, as well as making various things for lunch from my parents kitchen. Then when Steve arrived at 3 Mike went home and Steve helped me pack up all my stuff and take off down the highway toward the city. I think we were both a little stressed about the amount of stuff I had plus my inability to do anything plus the fear that I'll be kind of screwed when he goes back to Hamilton.

Through the torrential (mild) downpour (drizzle) Steve unloaded my clean laundry and books and magazines (what was I thinking, bringing EVERYTHING to the suburbs?) as well as a shower chair and special pillow, etc. etc. I sat idly by watching and feeling grateful. We loaded up the elevator, unloaded it, and brought everything into the condo, me working not to fall on my face using the crutches all the way along the hallway. I hope I don't fall on those things! I probably will.

It's nice to be home. My place is so small that I can ditch the crutches and basically make it from place to place just by holding onto walls and furniture and working on balance. It's not too bad. Steve put everything away in its rightful place while I lounged around, icing and giving directions. I showered (glad for the shower chair) and he got us dinner. We ate and then did all my physio stretches! I'm doing really well I think. I'm pretty sure I got my leg to bend to around 90 degrees! Hooray! What does a normal leg bend to, I wonder? I wonder what my goal is...

We just had some friends over to play Pop 5 Cranium and guess what? A busted leg doesn't keep me from ROCKIN' it at hummdingers, baby.

So, yeah, all in all it was a good day. I felt much better not taking too many percocets and it feels good to be making progress both in location and in exercises.

Tomorrow I'll need to get groceries and do a few other daily life tasks so we'll see how that goes.

No comments: